Thursday, January 22, 2015

Good Find

Well nothing new with me, just sold our entry way table, mirror and some other decor to make room for some new/old furniture & decor. (which I will show what I have done to our entry way tomorrow so don't forget to stop on by to see it)  I always ask my husband what he thinks and he says, "I don't care as long as you don't spend money. So it works out nicely that I can sell our old stuff.

I have been wanting some kind of end table or accent table to put on the end of our sofa. Finally I knew just what I wanted so I headed to HomeDepot to get the material I would need, well I just wanted to get some pre-made legs but they were $11 a piece which really adds up for just the LEGS. So I thought I will just check the DI and see if they have what I am looking for. I wondered around and stumbled across the EXACT, I repeat (just so you know how precise I am being) EXACT table I was going to build for $10! What!! okay in the cart you go, you beautiful contemporary piece of furniture that I will sand down and paint when I get home. 

Here is the result (I forgot to get a snap of the before but it was just wood so picture that I suppose):


We moved our sofa against the south wall to make room for our Christmas tree and we found that we highly enjoyed the arrangement so we kept it that way. We also switched rooms with our son (cause he had a bigger closet and we really needed more space, so out he went) well he already has a rocking chair in his room so we brought this leather chair (that I scored off KSL for $10!) showed it some love with gorgeous sheep skin from Argentina draped over it and tossed an accent pillow.  Anyways here is how our living room now:





No comments:

Post a Comment