Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A design in process




This project has been so fun to work on. The clients I am working with just moved from California and bought this new, beautiful contemporary home in Utah. 

It was a flipped home and the guy that remodeled it didn't think to incorporate a microwave in the kitchen. 
My client did not want it on the counter (which I don't blame them one bit!) so we looked at all of our options. The island....would really crowd the area that is already tight. 
Under the cabinets..to low to the countertop. 
Put it above the oven..and take out that beautiful, expensive hood..NO.
So my client decided they wanted to extend the counter under the window a little and add base cabinets with a microwave. So that is what we will do!




I also suggested doing a corner L shaped bench under the window so the area is not tight..my client had the same idea! So built in bench it is! 
(excuse the blurry pics taken on my phone)


Here is the plan:



Here is some of the fabric for accent pillows on the bench and also the legs on the chair. 
All from Ethan Allen. 

The blue fabric is for the bench cushion. 


The entry way: 
These beautiful naked glass doors and the kitchen windows all needed coverings.

Here is what we went with:
(the striped is the one we choose for the kitchen/entry way. 
The other fabric is for some of the other rooms in the house. 



It looks SO good and I can't wait to share more pictures with you as we go along.





1 comment: